Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hi I'm Ruben and I'm An Addict

Whopper Jr., Large Fries, and A Large Coke Zero

I am ashamed of it but yes I am. If you can eat one thing your whole life what would it be?

               For me it will definitely be burgers. It doesn't even matter what kind it is, even if it's just raw ground beef between two pieces of bread, I just got to have my fix. I would even stoop to eating fast food, as you can see from the photo above, just to quench my hunger for burgers. If I had to choose from all the fast food places though Burger King is an easy choice (Did you hear that Burger King!! Will accept burgers as payment LOL).


               When I have the time and the patience I definitely make my own and my perfect burger will be just like this:

Burger Patty:

  • 10 oz. (280 g.) Ground Beef, Lean
  • 2 oz. (55 g.) Onions, Finely Minced
  • 1 tsp. Salt

 
  1. Photo Left: Mix all of the ingredients for the patty together. Knead it well to make sure that the salt is well incorporated and so that the collagen from the meat develops. This will help bind the patty together.
  2. Photo Right: Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts, 6 oz. each, and form into a ball. Flatten the balls into patties making the center thinner than the rest of the patty. This is because the center cooks slower than the rest of the burger so this will ensure even cooking all around.
  3. Then it is your choice whether to pan fry it in a little bit of oil or to grill it over charcoal. I like my burgers medium rare to medium but I suggest you cook it all the way through unless you grind your own meat or you trust your butcher well enough to do so. 
Assembling:
  • Burger Sesame Seed Buns Toasted
  • Onions, Thinly Sliced 
  • Dill Pickles, Sliced
  • Plump Tomatoes, Sliced
  • Lettuce
  • Arugula or Rockets
  • Cheese (optional)
  • Ketchup
  • Mayo
  • Mustard
Just lay it however you would like it.

No comments: